Work Package 4
This work package is led by partner Hochtief ViCon (HVC). The aim is:
- To establish and validate comprehensive BIM (containing components, buildings and sites), and to generate BIM-based self-instruction models for construction and refurbishment, accessible on mobile devices of construction workers and other stakeholders.
- To develop a harmonized and standard way to communicate the different entities involved in new construction, refurbishment or maintenance phases of a building; and create a possibility to integrate feedback information from the construction workers (‘blue collars’) to BIM. This has a direct relation with skills development, as well as knowledge management at project and organisation level.
Research in this WP will be carried out within the following areas:
- BIM modelling of new and existing buildings, addressing the levels of detail of component, building and construction site.
- Integration of data from 3D laser scanner to BIM, especially for modelling of existing buildings.
- Development of BIM for integration in energy services platforms (Building Management Systems, energy performance simulation tools) and the integration of information from 3D digital models into the BIM.
- Lifecycle BIM that evolves as design, construction, and as-built models of the buildings.
- Issues of “BIG DATA” and harmonisation of different data sources.
- Data interfacing between BIM, hardware instrument for measurement, and software tools for assessment.
- Development of self-instruction models