DEMO Consultants BV
DEMO Consultants is an independent consultancy (SME) dealing with strategic management, technical advice and software modelling for the real estate sector. DEMO Consultants creates innovative software products offering tools for investment appraisal, portfolio management, strategic decision making and maintenance planning. DEMO works for research institutions and government agencies. DEMO personnel consist of building engineers, real estate managers, building economists, and software developers. DEMO Consultants participates in national and international R&D-projects, working in close collaboration with its customers and selected associated companies and individual researchers. Much research focuses on sustainable development, energy conservation and the combination of technology with socio-economic factors.
Main roles in INSITER
- T1.1 and T1.2: Developing self-inspection methods and techniques, especially for building components, based on field knowhow, systematic approach, and software platform for data collection and analysis.
- T2.2: Applying and verifying the improved hardware tools for use by inspection specialists and other stakeholders.
- T3.1 and T3.2: Being responsible as leader of WP3 as a whole and T3.2 in particular to develop interoperable software tools and data management for quality and performance assessment, real estate valuation (lifecycle cost / Total Cost of Ownership), cost monitoring, refurbishment and maintenance scenarios, and construction planning, interlinked with BIM and user mobile devices.
- T4.2: Providing technical (ICT) advice for the development of interfacing solutions between BIM and data obtained by measurement instruments, as well as between BIM and the software tools.
- T5.1, T5.2 and T5.3: Supporting BIM validation and lab testing; deploying hardware instruments for self-inspection in field validations and demonstrations.
- T6.1, T6.2 and T6.3: Being responsible as leader of T6.2 to coordinate communication activities throughout the project and mobilise partners and network to contribute to communication; developing training modules and taking part in conducting pilot training courses; development of dissemination and exploitation plan, including consulting the European Commission on Exploitation Strategy Seminar (ESS) services.
- T7.1 and T7.2: Being responsible as the Coordinator of the whole project to perform the management tasks as described in ‘Management Structure’; organising periodic project meetings in collaboration with hosting partners; consolidating period reports to be submitted for EC approval.
Key persons involved
Mr Ton Damen, BSc (male/Project Coordinator), is Director at DEMO Consultants. He holds a BSc in building engineering. He is a specialist in building condition assessment, monitoring and quality surveys. He was the project leader of the Dutch Housing Condition Surveys and the functional and technical quality surveys of the Dutch health sector. He coordinated several EU-funded international research projects. At the moment he is involved as senior researcher in the ongoing EU FP7 projects PANTURA, PROFICIENT and STREAMER. He was the Project Coordinator of EU FP6 SURE-FIT, FP5 IFD Buildings, and several FP4 projects. Earlier he was the director of Damen Consultants and the Bouwcentrum Division of PRC/ARCADIS.
Dr Rizal Sebastian, (male/Technical Coordinator), is Director of Research at DEMO Consultants. He holds a BSc in Architectural Design, an MSc in Construction Management, and a PhD in Architectural Project Management. He has more than 15 years of professional experience as architect, project manager and consultant at ARCADIS and as senior research scientist at TNO in the Netherlands.
Mrs Oana Schippers-Trifan, MSc (female/Operational Coordinator), works at DEMO as knowledge dissemination manager and research assistant in European research projects. She holds a BSc in Journalism and Mass Communication Studies from the University of Bucharest, an MSc in Communication Studies and an MScRes in European Studies, both from the University of Amsterdam.At the moment she is involved in the dissemination and content management of the ongoing EU-projects PANTURA, PROFICIENT and STREAMER.
Mr André van Delft, MSc (male/Director), is the CEO of DEMO Consultants. He holds a BSc in building engineering and an MSc in Real Estate Management (TU Delft, Netherlands). He is an experienced software developer and specialist in developing computer models for the real estate industry with the focus on information management and risk analysis. He has designed and developed software applications for government ministries, municipalities, housing corporations, institutional investors and research institutions, and participated in several European research projects.