Ipostudio Architetti S.R.L.
Ipostudio Architects srl is a private professional association of architects (SME) which has worked in the fields of architecture, design and research, in Florence since 1982. Ipostudio has developed design and research projects in the following sectors: planning of office buildings and healthcare buildings, analysis of architectural and technical solutions "energy saving oriented", functional planning of layouts based on user needs and quality of indoor environment, assessment of condition of buildings and building components, implementation of maintenance plans. Ipostudio has been actively participating in and jointly leading several European research projects from FP5, FP6, FP7, INTERREG, namely: Brite Euram 4213, Ariadne, Brite Euram 4670, IFD, EBOB, SuRE-FIT, PROFICIENT, STREAMER.
Main roles in INSITER
- T1.1 and T1.2: Leading WP1 as a whole and T1.1 in particular to achieve the objectives of R&D in energy-focused self-inspection methods, as well as inspection techniques for buildings and sites; quantifying the performance based on design and ensuring that design is implemented properly.
- T3.1 and T3.2: User's input to verify the software tools for building quality and energy performance assessment.
- T4.1: Input from 3D scanning for BIM modelling of existing buildings.
- T5.2 and T5.3: Taking real projects (sites) and performing field validation and demonstration.
- T6.1, T6.2 and T6.3: Improving education modules for university; input to standardisation in design engineering and performance measurement; publications in professional and scientific journals, workshops and presentation to academia and professional associations; development of exploitation strategy and plan.
- T7.1 and T7.2: Being responsible for inter-WP integration together with other WP leaders and coordinators; active participation in management meetings (general assembly); fulfilment of all obligations for reporting.
Key persons involved
Prof Roberto Di Giulio (male), is an architect, PhD in "Technology of Architecture", Full Professor and the Head of the Department of Architecture at the University of Ferrara. He is a board member of Ipostudio where he is responsible for the firm’s research activities. He has been actively involved, often as WP leader, in several EU research projects from FP4, FP5, FP6, FP7: Brite Euram 4213, Ariadne, Brite Euram 4670, IFD, EBOB, SuRE-FIT, Proficient and Streamer. He has been the coordinator of the Cost Action “TU0701 – Improving the Quality of Suburban Building Stocks". He is Member and Chair of a Working Group in the Focus Area on “Cultural Heritage” in the European Construction Technical Platform (ECTP).
Prof Carlo Terpolilli (male), is an architect and an Associate Professor at the University of Firenze, Faculty of Architecture, where he teaches Technology of Architecture. He is a board member of Ipostudio where he is responsible for design activities. He has been actively involved in several EU research projects from FP5, FP6, FP7: Brite Euram 4213, Ariadne, Brite Euram 4670, IFD, EBOB, SuRE-FIT, Proficient and Streamer.
Arch Lucia Celle (female), is an architect, she is a board member of Ipostudio where he is responsible for design activity. Since 2009 she has been the president of Ipostudio srl. Her research covers a broad range of issues within the fields of architectural design of complex buildings in public and private sector. She has held courses as visiting professor in several architectural schools in the field of design methodologies. She has actively participating in and jointly lead several EU research projects IFD, SuRE-FIT.
Arch Elisabetta Zanasi Gabrielli (female), is an architect, she is a board member of Ipostudio where she is responsible for construction supervision activity. Since 2009 she has been the vice-president of Ipostudio srl. She is an expert in safety procedure in design and construction phase. Her research covers a broad range of issues within the fields of building design methodologies. She has held courses as visiting professor in several architectural schools in the fields of construction supervision methodologies.
Dr Emanuele Piaia (male), is an architect, with a PhD in 'Technology of Architecture. He is Adjunct Professor of Technology of Architecture and research fellow at the University of Ferrara where he is a member of the LEM. His research interest includes building design, building process, innovation building technologies, cultural heritage, sustainable refurbishment and energy efficiency. He has been involved in several national and international research project as: INTERREG Project - Villas, Stately Homes and Castles; 7th FP _ EU CHIC; COST TU0701_Improving the quality of suburban building areas; PRIN 2008_Refurbishment, regeneration and valorisation of the high density social housing settlement built in the second part of ‘900 in the suburban areas.