Work Package 2
This work package is led by partner Universita Politecnica delle Marche (UNIVPM). The aim is to:
- To enhance the state-of-the-art hardware/software technologies and measurement procedures by extending their functionality and availability for use by construction workers.
- To develop portable and cost-effective equipment based on the ones already available in the market, and to integrate them in a unique platform where the complete process workflow can be monitored and the final result (performance) can be validated.
- To envisage and achieve an integration between 3D laser scanner, indoor and outdoor positioning systems, infrared (IR) cameras, and acoustic imaging systems in order to generate 3D models that allow monitoring and improvement of architectural, thermal and acoustic performance in design and realisation.
Research in this WP will be carried out within the following areas:
- BIM-based process simulation for self-inspection and self-instruction.
- Augmented Reality (AR) for construction workers and other stakeholders.
- Effective level of accuracy and detail of captured and measurement data.
- Integration framework for using different equipment for self-inspection and self-instruction.
- Hardware and software interfaces, including wireless/remote/distant control using mobile devices.
- 3D positioning systems –indoor, outdoor, global; static and dynamic.
- Robust solutions for new and existing buildings, including historic buildings.
- Applicability of the solutions for prefab-based as well as other types of buildings.
- Enhancement and integration of different measurement systems for the assessment of key performance parameters.
- Verification on practical effectiveness of the solutions based on knowhow of experts in construction sites.