Work Package 1
This work package is led by Partner Ipostudio Architetti (IAA). The aim is to develop a main process framework as well as detailed guidelines for self-inspection and self-instruction techniques during construction, refurbishment and maintenance process.
Research in this WP will be carried out within the following areas:
- Key performance indicators (KPIs) and parameters addressing quality and energy performance level, including the most effective quantitative methods to analyse them. The parameters are for instance: thermal bridges, air leakages, imaging of U-Value distribution, acoustic leakages, vibration transmissibility from MEP/HVAC. The measurement systems considered can be grouped in three main areas: thermal/imaging, acoustic/vibration, positioning/sensing. The data provided by the different sensing technologies will be then integrated to give combined 3D information.
Generic and particular techniques to:
- perform self-inspection and to provide self-instruction in different types of projects –new construction, refurbishment,
- commissioning, and maintenance.
- inspect critical building components (e.g. roof, façade, openings) and MEP/HVAC components (e.g. energy and
- comfort systems).
- use hardware and software tools during off-site and on-site process for self-inspection and self-instruction depending on the type and scale of projects and site circumstances.